Free Parenting Articles
Divorce: 12 Ways to Help Suffering Parents Choose Happiness
By Jean Tracy, MSS
Divorce can be devastating. Many parents suffer long after it is over. Today, find out 12 steps you can take to take charge of your thoughts and your life.
How Divorcing Parents Can Choose Goals to Find Happiness:
1. Set one positive goal at a time and stick with it for 21 days. This builds your "True Grit."
2. Create new memories by joining a social group that's uplifting and fun.
3. Develop a positive lifestyle that becomes your legacy.
4. Find enjoyable ways to help others.
5. Develop a smile from the heart. Give it to others with a wish for their well-being. Do this at least 3 times a day.
6. Make a gratitude list. Each evening or morning write down 3 things you're thankful for from the events of the past day.
7. Compose a hopeful list. Each morning write down 3 events you are looking forward to that day.
8. Avoid negative thinkers and make friends with positive people.
9. Clear out mind polluting thoughts. Replace them with the strong positive images, feelings, and ideas you want.
10. Take simple risks that help you grow.
11. Talk with someone you trust. Counselors with cognitive behavioral skills can be helpful.
12. Strive to live a life of love and compassion for yourself and others.
If you're divorced and feeling sad, mad, or upset, you can change. Pick out the easier goals from above to be happier. As you feel better try new goals. You can choose to become the positive person you were meant to be.
Jean Tracy, MSS invites you to receive her FREE Parenting Newsletter, 80 Fun Kid Activities and 101 Ways to Get Kids to Cooperate at KidsDiscuss.com
Help your child be better not bitter by picking up Character Building: Divorce Stories and Strategies to Help Your Child Heal Each story makes it easy for your child to express his feelings
View more information about Character Building: Divorce Stories and Strategies to Help Your Child Heal